Keratin Hair Smoothing Treatment
Prices for Keratin Treatment are all based upon consultation, which we offer as complimentary. Please let our staff know should you need one.
Longing for smoother, straighter hair? Keratin hair-straightening treatments are a popular option at salons.
If you're thinking about trying it, you should know this:
- How It Works. A stylist applies a keratin hair-straightening product to your hair and then uses the heat of a flat iron to seal it in. The process takes about 90 minutes or longer, depending on your hair's length. Salon keratin products include Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy by Coppola, Global Keratin Complex, the La-Brasiliana treatment, Brazilian Keratin Treatment, the Brazilian Blowout, and Brazilian Hair Straightening. Here at Les Scissors we prefer to use Keratin Complex by Coppola because of the positive result that we continue to have from our clients and that it is 100% formaldehyde-free.
- What Is Keratin? It is a protein that is naturally in your hair.
- Time Savin : If you usually style your hair straight, a keratin hair-straightening treatment could shorten your blow-dry time by 40% to 60%.
- Farewell, Frizzes: This treatment will control frizz up to 75% as a result of the cuticles laying down better in a single plane. This also greatly create shine and light reflections.
- Upkeep : For long-lasting effect, it is recommended to use the proper shampoo that contains NO sodium-sulfate or sodium chloride, which can strip the products out of the hair.
- Wait Before You Wash : For optimal result, there's a 3 day's wait before you can wash your hair.
- Myth About Keratin Treatmen : Keratin Treatment does not break your hair. It actually does the opposite, which is strengthening your hair. Most often, it is the flat-ironing that might because of the high heat level involved. This is why it's important that different hair condition will require the proper temperature.